M.A. in Healthcare Leadership
M.A. in Healthcare Leadership
Gain the leadership skills to lead healthcare change
Maximize your leadership potential in the healthcare industry when you earn your Master of Arts in Healthcare Leadership online at Messiah University, one of the top private Christian universities in the U.S. In this program, you’ll master the outcome-based skills needed to effectively lead organizations in the complex and rapidly changing healthcare industry. As with our on-campus programs, a hallmark of obtaining your online education at Messiah University is the individualized attention you receive from our professors, who make your success their top priority.
M.A. in Healthcare Leadership
With our robust and relevant healthcare leadership coursework, you’ll learn to operate effectively as a leader through mastery of the many facets of leadership as they apply to healthcare, including organizational communication, strategic thinking, organizational change and more. Graduates of the M.A. in Healthcare Leadership program will be uniquely qualified to lead and serve in a variety of leadership roles within the healthcare industry.
- 30 credits
- 100 percent online coursework
- $710 per credit, no-fee tuition
- No application fee
- Courses are offered online in 6- and 8-week sessions
- Can be completed in as little as one year, but most students complete the program in two years at a comfortable pace
Earning your M.A. in Healthcare Leadership degree will open up a variety of leadership and executive opportunities in the healthcare industry. Some examples of career roles include:
- Medical and health services managers
- Medical facility administrator
- Healthcare executive
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that Medical and Health Services Managers will see an 18 percent growth rate from 2018-28, which is much faster than the average job growth rate across industries.
Additionally, the estimated average base pay for Hospital Administrator is $86,801 annually according to PayScale (salary estimate is based on 566 individual salaries reported to PayScale as of March 28, 2020, and does not include additional pay such as benefits, bonuses, profit sharing or commissions).
The courses that comprise the curriculum for our M.A. in Healthcare Leadership degree include ethical and strategic courses, as well as courses that cover the philosophical and legal aspects of the field.
Character of a Leader
Strategic Thinking, Planning, and Organizational Change
Health Policy and Legal Aspects of Healthcare
Messiah University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education. It is the highest accrediting authority recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for degree-granting colleges and universities located in Pennsylvania, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and several other locations internationally.
In addition, Messiah University’s undergraduate program in business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The program is due for reaffirmation in 2021, at which time the Graduate Program in Business and Leadership will be added to this accreditation and is expected to be approved. Current and future graduate business and leadership students’ degrees will be grandfathered-in and be considered ACBSP accredited based upon this approval.
Want more career information?
Try our Career Finder Survey to get your customized job profile!
Explore Business Career Insights in Your Location
M.A. in Healthcare Leadership coursework preview
The curriculum and coursework for Messiah University’s M.A. in Healthcare Leadership degree program are designed to be instantly relevant to your area of study and career.
- Character of a Leader
- Health Policy and Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- Diversity and Leadership
- Best Practices in Leadership
- Christian Philosophical and Ethical Foundations of Healthcare
- Economics of Healthcare
- Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organizational Change
- Organizational Communication: Theory and Practice
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Leadership Capstone
M.A. in Healthcare Leadership tuition cost
$725.00 per credit, no fee tuition
Earning your M.A. in Healthcare Leadership 100% online at Messiah University is convenient, flexible and affordable.
Know what you are paying for with Messiah’s no-fee tuition. With our graduate programs, the cost per credit is what you pay – there are no hidden fees for labs, courses, services or technology. We put the true cost of your program upfront so that you can accurately compare and plan for your graduate education.
2021-2022 tuition per graduate credit hour: $725
Tuition cost for the entire 30 credit-hour program at the 2021-2022 rate: $21,750
Graduate students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.
Next steps for admissions
Applying for admission to a graduate program at Messiah University is the first step to making your personal and professional goals a reality.
- Official transcripts indicating a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree earned
- Completed application
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (< 3.0 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Personal Statement of Purpose: Your 300-500 word statement should describe your preparations for graduate work, your reasons for applying for this particular graduate program at Messiah University and how this graduate program will help you meet your professional and educational goals
- One recommendation (addressing your professional experience and/or academic performance, excluding relatives)
- Fall: October 21, 2021
- Early Spring:January 9, 2022
- Late Spring: March 13, 2022
- Summer: May 15, 2022
Before completing an application for any of Messiah University’s graduate and certificate programs, please read our Admissions Requirements to ensure that you are eligible for enrollment and to receive a helpful checklist of the supporting documentation that you will need to provide to complete your application. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to Messiah University
First-time users will need to create an account to start a new application.
Returning users can log in to continue their pre-existing application.
Why choose Messiah University?
The benefits of earning your M.A. in Healthcare Leadership degree online at Messiah University are endless.
Flexible. Respected. Affordable.
As part of our continued commitment to excellence as an institution of higher education, Messiah University is:
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A member institution of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Named the #1 Best Business Degree Program for 2017 by Christian Universities Online
- Recognized as a 2019-2020 national “College of Distinction for Business”
- A respected member of the Central Pennsylvania community whose graduates are highly sought after for roles across the Commonwealth and beyond
Ready to start your online M.A. in Healthcare Leadership journey with Messiah University? Start your free application now.